View Single Post
Old 16-Mar-2014, 2:31 AM   #3
GroundUrMast

I agree with StephanieS, amplification is a potential source of trouble. It's quite unusual to need two amplifiers in any system.

Start at the beginning... Using just one antenna, a short cable (not longer than 50') and a known good TV, establish whether you have reliable signals. Until you do have reliable reception in this simple configuration, resist the temptation to add amplifiers, splitters or other other sources of confusion. Focus on getting reliable signals from the antenna first, without this, no other progress can be made.

In your case, you have several TVs to pick from, though I suspect TV #5 may have a problem, or the cable that feeds it... Or both.
Quote:
How can the signal be too weak to one set and not another, using the same actual antenna and the same length of cable?
A bad cable or connector... Or the cable is actually two or more cables with a satellite system component hidden somewhere in the run...

I would check each single TV in the test setup (just the antenna, cable and TV). Once you have a known good TV, it becomes your 'test standard'. Also, once the antenna is proven to produce reliable reception, it is a 'test standard' unless you move it or change it's aim. Now you can use the 'standard' antenna and TV to test individual cable runs.

The idea is to start simple, then introduce additional parts to the system. If everything was working until you introduced a cable or splitter, you can reasonably conclude the newly added part is to blame.

http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13646

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 16-Mar-2014 at 6:37 PM. Reason: sp., added thought
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote