View Single Post
Old 15-Mar-2014, 5:58 PM   #16
teleview

+=>
-----
I recommend Test reception to the North West with the HD1800 antenna First.

Aim the HD1800 at the North West group of Tv stations.

Aim the HD1800 antenna at about 282 degree magnetic compass direction.

And Rescan for channels.

-------------------

Reason.

The Tv fool channel list is showing the Red [c] and Red [a] boxes beside the Tv stations call signs.

The [c] is co-channel (same channel) interference issues of the Tv stations to the East and North West.

The [a] is adjacent channel interference (Tv station channel numbers on either or both sides of the channel. Of the Tv stations to the East and North West.

KEYT is showing adjacent channel interference and KEYT is Very Weak Signal Strength and has 2 Edge Path land obstructions=hills and mountains.

The Tvfool channel list shows KEYT as having , Path 2 Edge.

---------

If the reception Test goes well .

Then I recommend a Completely Separate Antenna System for reception of the North West group of Tv stations.

I recommend install a Separate HD1800 antenna.

The coaxes and every thing will be completely separate from the other antenna system.

A , www.mcmelectronics.com , model 32-4425 , A/B antenna switch is used to change antennas at each Tv location.

Or

A separate Tuner is connected to the antenna and to the Tv at each Tv location.

Here are some tuner , tuner recorders.

www.epvision.com

www.channelmasterstore.com

------------------------------------

Why the HD1800??

Because the HD1800 has a High front to back ratio , the antenna does well at reducing signals at the back of the antenna.

Reducing signals of the opposite directions ( north west and east) is correct for your reception situation.

-------------------------------

Do the Test of reception and see what happens.

Last edited by teleview; 16-Mar-2014 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.