View Single Post
Old 23-Oct-2012, 4:18 AM   #1
bjs81

will a new antenna help me receive stations 70+ miles away?

Hello,
I live in NW IN, nice and flat here. I live out in the country where cable is not available and I dont want to have a monthly fee to watch TV. I have lived here for 22 years and am on my second antenna. I put up the best available 11 years ago, a Winegard CA8100 with a AP-8275 pre-amp and a rotor, on my 37ft antenna tower. My cable is under 50ft from the antenna to the Electroline 4 way drop amp (EDA2400), and from there the cables are under 30ft to the 4 cable hookups in the walls. My TV is a 50" Samsung 1080i capable set. hopefully this will tell ya'll enough of my system to make an educated reply back. My reception is about 90-95%, and seems to be the worst during the summer. But it never fails that the 5-10% is while watching a show when it gets to a good part. After doing my homework I have found out all the stations in my area are mostly UHF while 3 are high VHF. and all but 2 are 72-73 miles away. So my question is ... would a Winegard HD7698P antenna gain me much over what I already have? Would it be worth the money and time to switch them out? I will do it in a heartbeat if it will help, but will be pretty upset if it doesnt help. I hate to waste money.. I have tryed taking the "4-way" out of the loop to see if that helped, and it did not. And also wondering if you feel the Antenna Craft HBU55 would be a better antenna then the Winegard HD7698P for pulling in a more reliable signal? or is there another antenna you would reccommend?

Thanks in advance,
Brian in IN

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2df92f913919a2
bjs81 is offline   Reply With Quote