View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
You'll need an all-channel deep-fringe antenna aimed at the Helderberg mountains southwest of Albany, about 45 miles away. Since you have 4 VHF stations to receive, one of them (WRGB) on low-band VHF channel 6, I would suggest using either a Channel Master Crossfire 3671 or a Winegard HD-8200u mounted on your roof, aimed at 255 degrees, as measured by your compass. If you have 3 TV sets to run, you'll need a preamplifier like a Winegard AP-8275 or a Channel Master Titan 7777 and a good 3-4 way splitter. You may be able to re-purpose the cable from the cable Tv company, but you'll have to make your connections after the cable TV company has disconnected your primary cable. I think that you'll find that Comcast will charge you more to operate your internet if you don't subscribe to their TV service.

You may want to investigate subscribing to their 'basic' service, since the cable wiring is still intact in your house: I have a feeling that the cost will be about the same as subscribing to their internet service alone.
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote