View Single Post
Old 29-Sep-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
geronimo

John, baby.... who said towers are evil? If they were, I wouldn't have worked so hard to GET with one. But I did..... and here's what happened:

---climbed cedar tree and topped at 40'
---installed vhf and uhf directional antennas
---got free tv (channels 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13..... and on) forever

Life is sweet. Thanks, guys.

When I first started this project, I went to the government site on finding reception, and they said there was no signal in my area...... went to tv fool, and its report said I might get a few channels....... listen, people, look at the report, it is valuable, but in the end do not let it determine whether you will get that signal or not...... get out there, quit thinking about it and do some guerilla work to see what you can get...... high gain antennas, amplifier, rg-11 (I got 200 ft. going underground through conduit, can power my amp through that distance too), and just see what happens...... gotta work it.

On a side note, I'm even more pleased with a 4g directional antenna I put up to get my internet in a place that could only get dial-up and satellite before...... now with that, and a verizon mifi device, I am in the upper echelons of internet speeds (albeit with data usages that prevent streaming constantly). Highly recommend for rural homes with poor internet access.

geronimo OUT!
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote