View Single Post
Old 7-Jun-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Brokenspoke

Antenna System Set-Up Help

Hi all, I've been reading threads the last couple of days and have found a lot of information and knowledgeable people and would like to thank everyone in advance for any help. We moved here 16 years ago and the previous owner had installed a small antenna on the chimney hooked to a channel master pre-amp model 0264C. We are about 40 miles south of Atlanta Ga. with most stations on the northern side of Atlanta. We received about 10 stations out of Atlanta a couple from Macon and Columbus as well as one from South Carolina. Later we installed sattelite and when re-roofing after storm damage removed the antenna. DSL arrived in our area recently and we now stream movies and such and would like to drop direct-tv and receive what channels we can OTA. I have a tower that was used for ham radio that I will relocate here it is either 30 or 40 feet. Our house is a 100 year old wood frame farm house with shingle roof. It is located on 6 acres mostly lawn with a few very old and large oaks and pecan trees. When I move my pointer around my property while mapping signals it varies from a few channels available to twenty or so. It is fairly clear to our north with no mountains between us and Atlanta. I have used my coordinates as my address location on google earth and map quest is off by over a mile. I looked at the Channel Master 3671 Deep Fringe and the Winegard HD8200U Platnium antenna both had fairly good reviews, however I am open to all recomendations and advice on best equipment for my situation. I will need antenna,rotator,pre-amp maybe more would like to run 2 maybe 3 TVs. All advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the people who operate and maintain this site the moderators, experts and others.
My Info
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda612c1e229e
Brokenspoke is offline   Reply With Quote