View Single Post
Old 2-Mar-2018, 1:42 AM   #1
Biff

What antenna would work best?

Thinking of cutting the cord and could use some recommendations. Here's my plot.... http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038ac942bca26

The channels I'm most worried about getting are : WSMH (FOX), WNEM (CBS), WJRT (ABC), and WEYI (NBC). If I get others, that's great, but these are the most important to me.

I live in a rental so I can't do a roof installation, but I have an upstairs bedroom I don't use where I plan to put an antenna on a tripod. I'm only running it to one tv, probably under 30' of cable. I really don't want a rotor, if possible I'd prefer to set it in place and just have it work for all of them. I'm worried about ABC because it's VHF instead of UHF. I'm worried about CBS because it's off in a different direction from all the rest. And I'm worried about NBC simply because it's the farthest away.

I'm not really sure what antenna, or even style, I should get. I'm thinking those little omni directionals and the windows hangers won't work for me, it seems like I'm to far from the transmitters. Just based on Amazon reviews I was thinking about using a Channel Master CM-4228HD, but I'm not sure that would pick up the Hi VHF ABC station. I was also considering a ClearStream 4V which does have the VHF element on it.

But I really don't know if these, or some other antenna, would be the best option for me. So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Biff is offline   Reply With Quote