View Single Post
Old 9-Jun-2010, 8:30 PM   #18
Michael55555

Smile Hd stacker antenna has good gain on low vhf & fm

I tested Denny's HD STACKER antenna in Long Beach, LI, New York 11561, 21 miles from the Empire State Building, 93 miles from Philadelphia, PA, and 73 miles from New Haven, CT.

I was amazed that the VHF antenna of the stacker was picking up WKOB-LD, RF Ch. 2 on low-VHF, a 300 watt low power station, 21 miles away.

In addition, low power translator FM station 105.7 in Smithtown, 200 watts, which none of my antennas could receive came in dead full quieting when pointed to the NE, given strong adjacent channel WQXR-FM Classical 105.9Mhz.

Additionally, the VHF antenna picked up WVIT-DT, RF Ch. 6 on low VHF, 93 miles away!

I emailed Denny for the gain specifications in dbD for the HD Stacker antenna on low VHF Ch. 2, 4, 5, 6; high VHF 7, 9, 11, 13; UHF Ch. 18, 21, 24, 28, 33, 38, 41, 44, 48, 51. Denny said he asked Winegard to test the antenna in their test range.

The HD Stacker antenna is simply the best antenna for its size in performance on the low VHF, hi-VHF, and UHF channel range. The antenna is like a radio telescope on the low VHF and FM bands. On hi-VHF and UHF the antenna picks up hard to reach stations without difficulty.

The UHF antenna by itself was picking up my hi-VHFs RF 7, 8, 11, 13 from 21 miles away, and RF8 WNJB-DT from 44 miles away at 10 feet above ground in my home without line of site.

I strongly recommend the HD Stacker antenna, which is only $99 with free shipping.

I am a new customer of Denny's Antenna service and I am a HAM Radio Operator licensed by the FCC and I know what I am talking about.

So, for the individual planning to test the HD Stacker, be sure to include low VHF testing between 54Mhz - 108 Mhz!!!

Thank you for reading my review of the best consumer TV antenna on the market today!

I am sold on this antenna and I am considering another one pointed to Philadelphia (2-Edge, 93 miles away) to avoid a rotator.
Michael55555 is offline   Reply With Quote