View Single Post
Old 12-Apr-2012, 4:38 AM   #1
robz

Antenna Choice Advice

I am looking for some advice on purchasing an antenna.

Here is my tvfool analysis
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...36161be34bac4e

I built my own db8 antenna and placed in my loft area at about 15 ft elevation to see what channels I could expect to receive. I can get WJFW and WYOW very easily, but I have a little more trouble with some of the further stations such as WFXS and WSAW. When I first attached the antenna a few days ago I got them both and with a little tweaking was able to get the signal strength above 50%, but since then I have not been able to get WFXS at all and WSAW is more routinely in the 40%-50% range. I was surprised to get WSAW at all because it is further away and I thought the antenna I built would have more gain on UHF so I thought WFXS would be the more likely of the two to come in at all.

I don't want to put up a tower, but I can install an antenna in my attic and gain another 10 ft of elevation but I only have a 2 ft square access hole so I will have to do some assembly once I get it up there. The attic space is quite large though, so I will have plenty of room for a large antenna. The Winegard website recommended either the 7697 or 7698 for my location, but I would like to get some more input before I make any decisions. What other choices would be good for my situation.
robz is offline   Reply With Quote