View Single Post
Old 10-Sep-2015, 7:31 PM   #4
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Being a computer idiot, I have been unable to attach my signal alalysis to this reply.
Go here to get your report:
http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?opti...pper&Itemid=29

Near the top of the report you will see a link in bold type that looks like this:

Copy and paste (don't retype each character) just the last part like this, and we will turn it into an active link:
?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d8e032cdaca8e9b

Quote:
I am still confused about using an old VHS VCR to record using a converter box, as there is no way to input a digital channel like 13.2 into the vcr, which will not take a decimal point. would it be done thru the converter?
Yes, the antenna sends the digital signal to the converter box, and the converter box sends an analog signal to the VCR.
Antenna > coax > converter box > VCR > TV

Quote:
I will try this weekend. the cable from antenna to tv in the house would be approx 70'
For the test, just connect the antenna to the digital TV with the antenna aimed at 270 degrees magnetic (or whatever azimuth is on your real report ) with a pocket compass for your strongest channels, and scan for channels.

Then try aiming your antenna to the east and rescan. Those signals will probably be too weak without a preamp, but try it anyway.

Please tell us about your antenna.

Do you get your local channels with the antenna in the attic?

If your antenna will be outside the coax shield should be grounded with a grounding block that is connected to the house electrical system ground with 10 gauge copper wire for electrical safety and to reject interference. For further compliance with the electrical code (NEC), the mast should also be grounded in a similar manner to drain any buildup of static charge, but the system will not survive a direct strike.
Attached Images
File Type: gif NEC Grounding.gif (16.5 KB, 49632 views)
File Type: jpg TVFOOL Link4.JPG (21.3 KB, 2581 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 11-Sep-2015 at 12:52 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote