View Single Post
Old 15-Jun-2019, 6:15 PM   #7
OTAFAN

Retro TV Returns to SOCAL

The native's are getting restless as Retro TV has NOT appeared on SOCAL LA/OC TV stations (OTA & Cable) yet as promised on their Facebook page. June 15 was supposed to be the date! Fingers crossed for perhaps just a few hours away??? Here are some of the Facebook posters currently:

Robert Deckman It's June 15, I'm in Los Angeles, tuned to channel 22-2. No Retro TV!!!

2h

Top Fan
Eddie Pratt No Retro on 22.2 on June 15th. What's goin' on?

1h

Chester Brown I have been looking too. When does it start broadcasiting?

1h

Don Harkey It's not on Spectrum 1289 as of 10:00 am yet either.....Hope it's still gonna happen eventually.

Phil Hansen Not on Spectrum 1289 in Los Angeles at 11:55 AM! I am furious because I want to watch THE DOCTORS!
8m

Ray Dawson I gather something has fallen through....
1hr

Stephen Tulley It's now June 15 at 5 PM PT.....and no Retro TV on 22.2 as promised! What gives?! You already made us wait for two weeks!
1h

Darren Gross Yeah, still not seeing the channel.
52m

Top Fan
Richard Summers Here in La Mirada, CA at 10:35pm Spectrum 1289 is still showing Religious programming in Spanish. Still no Retro Television (and Doctor Who). Hopefully someone from Retro Television will post here with an update.
1h

(No update on Retro TVs Facebook page, June 16 and obviously hours have now rolled into another day without any information about future in the SOCAL LA/OC markets. At least Retro TV owes its fans some explanation since like all FCC licensed stations they should serve in the public interest??? Fans continue to post.....)

Top Fan
Harvey Chow Not on 22.2 as told here in Buena Park I’ve been watching classic Doctor Who on PlutoTV
1h

Top Fan
Harvey Chow Use to be able to record on PlayOn but looks like they took PlutoTV off their list of available to record
1h

Chester Brown Pains me to say this Retro TV is a joke. I enjoy a couple of the shows, but I like Harvey can find the content elsewhere. The fact most cities are dropping it shows how well it's ran.
11m · Edited

(Still no update on Retro TVs Facebook page as of June 18-19 and no Retro on KWHY 22.2/real channel 4 or cable channels either, but more fans post.....)

Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth There is no 1289 channel on my Spectrum. I get Retro off of my outdoor antenna on channel 22.2. Are they the same network?
56m

Chester Brown Yes but are you getting Retro now cause I'm not on 22.2
1h

Tara Szejner McQuade Ok Retro....what’s the update?!?!?
16m
Ray Dawson Why do I have the feeling that the update, if there is one, will be "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here"?
21m
Tiffany Terry DuFoe Retro get a Roku or Apple TV app then everyone can get Retro without local Ch dropping or not carrying you
1h

(Yet still NO UPDATE on Retro TVs Facebook page as of June 20-21! Really??? Extended posting from Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth and Barbara Radowitch; a comment from Chester Brown on June 22.....)

Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth There is no 1289 channel on my Spectrum. I get Retro off of my outdoor antenna on channel 22.2. Are they the same network?
2d

Barbara Radowitch I just checked and it's still universal church spanish so how are you getting retro?
1d

Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth Barbara Radowitch I get it from Tuscaloosa, AL as I live about 45 miles north. It does not give any info on the channel as to what is coming on and I was searching for Retro Television Network and found this site. I also get The Family channel, Action, Revn and Heartland along with Retro all on the 22 channel, 22.1, 22.2, 22.3, 22.4, 22.5 and none give info on them. Sorry for the confusion. We have Spectrum cable and these sub channels are not on our line up here in alabama.
1d

Barbara Radowitch Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth OK your retro tv 22.2 is in a different state ours is in LA California 22.2 KWHY and we don't have it yet. Your lucky we don't get The Family Channel and The Action Channel and Heartland. Used to have Heartland but it was taken off for some dumb spanish channel. Your even luckier to have all them all lined up that in a row.

22h · Edited

Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth Barbara Radowitch we lost GET TV out of Birmingham which was very clear, when some stupid video channel took it's place. Sometimes the channels on 46 will pop in when I scan and that has about 7 channels and now including GET but they don't stay on long, usually about 2-3 days then GONE.......can't figure it out why. I checked Dishnet's channels and they now carry 11 of the sub channels I get on my antenna for free. we have charter spectrum and it only carries LAFF, ME TV, ANTENNA TV, H&I, ESCAPE AND PBS CREATE. we now get all those plus GRIT, DECADES, START, LIGHT(Roma Downey's channel), COMBO, the 5 on 22 all for free. there are still other channels like COZI and CHARGE TV we don't get yet but hoping we will some day soon. as a kid 1 of my favorite tv shows was Route 66, well it comes on 4 nights a week on the Action channel, I love it and that makes me happy, I just wish I knew what their lin up was. I can't sit and watch it all day and night to find out so I learn by accident.
13h

Barbara Radowitch Edna Earle Gipson Edgeworth Maybe the channels on 46 Is getting low signal strength for some channels if the signal strength is below 16% the channels will cut out for other channels it's when the signal strength gets below 20% the chanels will cut out. Get a signal strength indicator to see if the channel is getting adequate signal strength.
37m · Edited

Chester Brown I going to vote Retro TV as the best in customer service. I have had girlfriends who hated me ignore me less than Retro TV
5h

(Apparently SOCAL LA/OC isn't the only market afflicted with "deafness" from Retro TV. And yes, Virginia, there's still NO UPDATE as of early June 27!!! Here are a few more fan comments from about a week ago.....)

Top Fan
Rondi Green Lumpkin Disappointed that you didn't not keep your promise on returning today Retro. You got us Los Angeles peoples hopes up..

Don Harkey Well, I reckon Retro TV's return to the L.A. area ain't gonna happen after all.....It's Monday June 17th & no word about why it didn't return on Saturday June 15th as it was supposed to. Really disappointed.......

1w

Top Fan
Joe Gallo Same here in Chicago...nothing.

1w

Top Fan
Austin Flack Pluto TV channel 77

1w

Edwin Ruskin Nordrike Parker Don Harkey Agreed, I am still hoping but I don't expect it to happen... ��

1w

Still NO UPDATE as of July 4 (Happy Birthday America!) and here are a few more recent and current postings.....

Anthony Washington Happy 4th of July, no retro TV in Houston Texas.
7h

Top Fan
Rondi Green Lumpkin How's come your avoiding our questions on Retro LA wants to know if your coming to our station 482 or was it a lack of programing issues or the owner renig on the payment..why avoid the issue retrack a statement instead of voiding our questions..common curtsey..

1w

Top Fan
Martin Verlander Not available in Seattle?
1w

Top Fan
Joe Costanzo Thought you be back on 22.2 by now
1w

Barbara Radowitch How about starting a go fund me for the missing episodes? If the fund is high enough a private collector will sell the episodes back.
5d

Richard Summers Well we still don't have Retro TV in Los Angeles but if anyone has Spectrum (includes Charter and Time Warner) there is a web address that you can use to request that Spectrum add the channel to the ones they carry. Go to https://www.spectrum.com/channelrequests The form will ask for 1) First Name (no Last name) 2) City where you live 3) State 4) Zip Code 5) Favorite TV Channels (I recommend putting only 1 channel per request) This is available nationwide--not just in the Los Angeles area.
Top Fan

Felicia Lehmann How can I be a top fan when Comcast doesn’t carry this channel ��
6h

Georgia Taylor I just contacted Spectrum and requested Retro TV. I have also tried to contact Retro directly to ask about returning to the LA area, but they never respond to my inquiries. Oh well.
2h

Top Fan
Richard Summers I know. I have sent a message from this page on June 15 and June 23 and still have not received a reply (other than the automated response).
7h

Last edited by OTAFAN; 6-Jul-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: additional
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote