View Single Post
Old 15-Oct-2016, 8:53 PM   #16
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Ah, yes; I forgot about that. We did cover it fairly well.
Which model, M70-C3 or P702ui-B3 or E700i-B3 or something else?

When you bought the Vizio 70" 4K TV without a tuner, your problem got even more complicated. You could have two external tuners, one for each antenna system. The output of one tuner would connect to the HDMI input of the 4K Vizio, and the output of the other tuner would connect to the component input of the Vizio. Alternative: 2 HDMI inputs on the Vizio. You would switch inputs of the Vizio to switch antenna systems if the Vizio would allow that to work.

Wow, bummer, I wrote a detailed reply to your quote above, hit preview, the screen went white and never recovered! My post is now part of the twilight zone in cyberspace

The new Vizio part # E70u-D3.

Good news! :

It has 4 HDMI ports, One composite Video 5 cable input, one USB 3.0, one USB 2.0, One Ethernet, 802.11 dual band wireless, one optical video, Red/white RCA output, 8 core processor, whatever that means.

2016-10-15 Vizio 70 inch TV 003.JPG

2016-10-15 Vizio 70 inch TV 002.JPG

2016-10-15 Vizio 70 inch TV 007.JPG
The salesman tried awfully hard to get me into the M or P series and really tried to dismiss Vizio as a second rate display device. He tried to push me into a $4000 55" Sony, that was nice, the black level was incredible. But that wasn't what I came in for.

But I was also impressed with the E70u-D3 with the 4K input that was showing some Ultra Hi Def video of Chicago at night and I couldn't stop staring. It was good enough for me. $1295 + tax and away I went.

I could have bought the uplevel Vizios but I had original budgeted for the Vizio 65" at $995 and went there to buy it because it was $895 on sale. But I was drawn to the 70". When one is above the other the size difference is really noticeable. So they got me Good marketing.

I've yet to do anything 4K on it, I will be looking for a 4K DVD player.

Last edited by bobsgarage; 16-Oct-2016 at 4:54 AM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote