View Single Post
Old 2-Aug-2014, 1:33 AM   #1
tydeck77

Pine Tree Fringe

Hello

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c6579348a74a

I don't know what's next. With my current rooftop antenna for some reason the only channels I'm pulling are VHF.

I can get KMGH and KUSA, Denver VHF channels.

The antenna I have is a UHF/VHF combo and is huge. It's older so don't have any kind of model number. It was on the house I moved into but is probably 8 feet long by 5 feet wide. It has the big VHF "V's" on one end and the UHF end on the other.

I don't understand why I can't sniff a UHF channel.

I've tried every angle on the roof including multiple placements. I'm on a 30 foot pole, but that doesn't get the height to the top of the hill that the house is at the bottom of.

I've tried different places on the roof, replaced the transformer, ran the antenna directly to the TV, essentially everything I can think of.

I really only want the big 4. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX

The plot makes it look like in theory I could get them from Denver or Colorado Springs.

I'm about half way in the middle of both cities, but am at the bottom of a hill with pine trees all around.

Strange thing is I messed around with a Mohu Leaf indoors and could get a couple of the UHF Denver channels (FOX, CBS) here and there, but the roof almost makes it worse?

I've got an idea for my own Aereo with a Simple.TV and a hard drive with good internet, but can't do anything unless I have a single coax with everything.

Thanks in advance.
tydeck77 is offline   Reply With Quote