View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2018, 1:52 PM   #5
ravindran_eee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
Welcome to the Forum Ravindran

It would seem you have the correct antenna based on the channels you're after and their relative strengths at your location, as reported by your TVFool report (which may be erroneous for your location, others will undoubtedly chime in on that). Are you sure you're aimed at 120degrees magnetic? Are there any trees, houses, or hills directly in the way? How long is the coax, and is it new and what type (RG-6 or RG-59)? Which pre-amp did you try (RCA TVPRAMP1Z), was the antenna coax plugged into the right port (UHF/VHF) and was it set to combined?

I think it is definitely worth fiddling with the antenna height and aim, and possibly trying other locations on you roof (callled "walking the roof") before moving up to an antenna with more gain (e.g. the 7698p or an 8-bay UHF and MCM-2476). Best to do this with one guy on the roof and one at the TV for live feedback. A few degrees left or right and foot or two up or down can make a big difference sometimes. You're def. doing the right thing by keeping it simple at first (one coax run, one TV).
Thank you! I have been a silent reader of this forum for a while before getting into antenna installation. It has been of immense help! I see so many knowledgeable folks. This is a great place!!

I did not use compass. I just looked at maps and saw the direction of towers and pointed it in that direction. Why would you say 120 degrees. I thought the towers were either 108 degrees or something like that. Yes, I am using RCA TVPRAMP1Z preamp. Yes, I am using combined port and did check that everything is setup properly. I feel it is working. Because it is making the signal of working channels even more stronger! Using RG-6 new coax cable

I am using chimney mount and don't want to do anything on my roof (spent lot of money on roof with other issues!!). It may not be an option for me to play around with location. I have another 5ft antenna pole. That will make it total 10 ft. I am planning to put it and play around with height and rotation to see if anything improves. I hope it would work! Wife is not too happy with all the time I am spending on roof
ravindran_eee is offline   Reply With Quote