View Single Post
Old 12-May-2014, 2:24 AM   #1
tjbird19

New to OTA need help with setup, Brantford, Ontario

On May 21 I will have officially cut the cord with Rogers Cable. I am very excited to be going the OTA route but I will admit that I know bare minimum about the process. I will so greatly appreciate your guys knowledge and help to get me up and running.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c616918db1cd

I live in Brantford, Ontario on the 6th floor of an apartment building. The farthest east I could get without obstructions would be roughly 130 degrees and farthest west would be 270 degrees. I really want to try and pick up stations from Buffalo which is roughly 75 to 90 miles away depending on the different towers in Buffalo. I would like to pick up stations from the CN Tower in Toronto as well. Also, I will have two TV's that will need to run off the antenna. One TV is in the family room which is going to be roughly 9 feet of coax cable from where the antenna will be, the other TV will be in the bedroom and is 25 feet of Coax cable from the Antenna. Dont know if that means anything but I want to give as much info as possible.

Please help me guys with figuring out what I will need to get this done. What kind of Antenna, do i need a preamp? Thanks so much guys for the input and the more help I can get the better. Thank You.
tjbird19 is offline   Reply With Quote