View Single Post
Old 13-Jan-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Artes

OTA antenna selection

Good evening,

I'm looking to purchase an OTA antenna and distribute the signal to two televisions now with the potential of up to four televisions in the future. We are in a house and my preference is to install the antenna on the first story roof where my Direct TV dish is located on the western part of the house. This site is approximately 16' off the ground. However, I think this could be an issue with trees and the second story eastern part of the house blocking line of sight to 69 degrees.

Until winter passes, it may need to be placed in the second story attic which would place it about 23' high. I understand this is not an ideal situation, but I'm hopeful this will work considering a back of the television antenna facing north in the western part of the house will receive all the channels I want with small adjustments to the position.

It's an asphalt shingle roof with wood framing and cement fiberboard siding. In the link below, I'm only interested in receiving the first six stations at 46, 47, 48, 198, 69 and 198 degrees; all within 10 miles of my location.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...c84f48c11a52e8

I'm thinking of running the cable to a home run location in the basement and distribute to each to the rooms. Current tv's are located on the main floor and future tv's would be in the basement. The cable run from the second story attic to basement would be approximately 30'.

I appreciate your time reading this post and antenna and accessory hardware (splitters etc) suggestions.

Chris

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 14-Jan-2013 at 6:56 AM. Reason: Repaired TVFR link
Artes is offline   Reply With Quote