View Single Post
Old 20-Apr-2013, 6:22 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The two groups of signals are separated by enough azimuth and distance to make it hard for me to say you'll find a single antenna fixed aim antenna that will receive both markets simultaneously and reliably.

To give it a try is a valid option though... even if you don't succeed, you end up with a very reliable antenna system for the local signals. So, I'd recommended you try an Antennas Direct DB4e aimed between the local and Detroit groups. Then to add the High-VHF signals to the system, use an Antennacraft Y10713 or Winegard YA1713... I'd start with it aimed at Detroit then adjust to improve the locals if needed.

Combine the two antennas with a UHF/VHF combiner (UVSJ). Then if you can find an Antennas Direct CPA-19 great, if no luck, another overload resistant preamp option is the Winegard HDP269. (A preamp may not be needed at all if you were only after the local signals.)

This is a case where there are several 'right' ways to go.... separate antennas aimed at each market, etc.

If you want to see WLMB, real CH-5 reliably, add an Antennacraft CS600 or Winegard YA-6260. Use a High/Low Signal Joiner to combine this into the down-lead.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 20-Apr-2013 at 6:27 PM. Reason: WLMB
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote