View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2013, 5:00 PM   #1
AGF79

Antenna/Signal Experts...Please Assist.

Hello Experts,

I'm in the Toledo, Ohio area and looking for a suitable antenna or antenna combo to receive as many channels(VHF and UHF) as possible. I'm not interested in using a rotor so that's why I mention possibly using a antenna combo if needed. I would like to hit the channel cluster up in Detroit(55+ mi North) and the cluster that is only around 15 mi east of me, I will be able to place my antenna between 30-40 ft. from the ground on my roof. I will be splitting to 3 TV's with one of them being around 200' from the antenna. With the research I have done I'm still unsure on what to buy, here are my questions.
1.) Should I buy a Yagi like the 91xg and beam it up to Detroit and then get something like the Clearstream 2V to catch everything near by, or maybe two CS-2V and no Yagi? I was also looking at the AD-DB8 and the CM-4228HD since It looks like I need something that can receive with a 60-70 degree sweep, but still unsure if that's right.

2.) What would be the best pre-amp for me? I was looking at that RCA with good reviews.

3.) I have a roll of regular in-wall RG6 cable, is this ok to use outside or should I pick up something a little more durable?

I think that's it for now, any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda384eca69bd

Thank you,
Drew
AGF79 is offline   Reply With Quote