View Single Post
Old 22-Aug-2016, 4:23 PM   #5
lviperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerbangs View Post
I think that you stumbled on to your answer inadvertently when you aimed at WTVW and lost the other stations: the bandwidth of the 4228HD is narrow enough to exclude signals that are that far off-axis.
Really!?, I assumed that since channel master states the antenna has a 180 degree radius that it would be perfect for my situation. Guess maybe I was wrong to assume. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerbangs View Post
I believe that the answer to this issue is to get an antenna like an AntennasDirect DB8e, whose 2 panels can be aimed in different directions to get signals that lie in different axes. The DB8e has 2-four bay arrays than can be split on a built-in hinge to be aimed in different directions. Get one, aim it according to your compass at 100 degrees and 75 degrees, and your problem should be solved. If you then have a problem with VHF channel 7, ABC (WEHT) and Channel , PBS, (WNIN), consider adding a Stellar Labs 8 element VHF yagi (model 30-2475) aimed at 95 degrees to pick up those stations. Good Luck!
I will look in to this solution. I'm just not sure if the double in price is worth it just for the one station. WTVW is actually now the CW, not Fox as the database says. THere is only one show I record, maybe 2 this coming season, but I can catch them on Hulu 1 week after the season ends. I don't watch a show till the season ends anyway.
lviperz is offline   Reply With Quote