View Single Post
Old 4-Aug-2014, 10:40 PM   #44
kenj66

Follow up (2)

I am still having problems with my desired and most difficult station, KIRO 7.1 UHF 39. It has the most "bounce" or variation of any of the stations in my area. Sometimes it is stable enough to watch a program with only minor dropouts but at other times it drops out completely for several seconds at a time - and then comes back with perfect reception for a while. This condition is tolerable until we find something more important to watch such as the recent Seattle Seafair hydroplane races with appearances of the Navy Blue Angels jets performing. The stuttering signals were most annoying!

I moved my PCT preamp and attached it directly to the AD 91XG balun box just like Pete Higgins showed me to do. This put the preamp 25 feet closer to the antenna. Unfortunately, this did not show any better performance. My preamp is the PCT-MA-B1015-1A and it is bigger than Pete's so it didn't quite fit squarely with the antenna's boom.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxY...it?usp=sharing

As a solution I am wondering if the Winguard 7777 or the RCA unit suggested here on the forum would work better since the gain looks to be 8 to 10 db better than the PCT? Could I just put a 75 ohm termination on the VHF input and have it do the job?
kenj66 is offline   Reply With Quote