I am posting this message so as to get input from others as this
person is not yet able to make their own posts. My first inclination
would be to say you've done a whole lot of things correctly. The
antenna, short cable runs, etc, etc are all signs you have a very
good knowledge of broadcast reception. With that said, how did
you come about with the placement of your tower??? Was the
placement due to convenience or some other priority??? Have
you tried receiving all your television from Tucson??? I have
seen many, many times where Tucson get a better signal to Ftn.
Hills than Phoenix stations on South Mtn?? Lets hear from some
of our experts on this!!!!!!!!!

Greeting from Fountain Hills
Hi, I'm in Fountain Hills AZ trying to get a reliable signal on Channel 12. I've got mountains and a neighbors house causing problems. Prior to the neighbors house being there I was getting a signal at a much lower height. Now 58' AGL gets it, 54' AGL doesn't. Antenna is currently down to about 33' AGL for maintenance and monsoon season. At 33' I lose Ch 3 (23) as well as 12. Antenna is a Winegard HD7698, 50' cable run to a Channel Plus DA-506BID DA to 4 TVs in the house. I just climbed off the tower to disconnect a Lime PA which Solid Signals had on sale, thought I'd give it a try. I could seen no difference in the system with the rudimentary signal strength meters at my disposal. In fact I lost Ch 5 (17), 60 mins didn't record last night. Thus I took the Juice PA off line. It looks like I need higher gain in at the antenna level. This is a PM because I see you're from AZ and have had some insightful posts. I can't post to the forum, I applied 4 weeks ago but haven't been activated yet which is a bit frustrating. I'm getting ready to put the antenna back up (with new guy wires, that and the monsoons inspired me to take it down to 33') I'd love to get the experts insights as to how I might be able to increase my antenna gain but it's football season so the antenna needs to get back up. :-) By the way, I can't get 3 (24) at 33' but I can get Tucson 4 (23), go figure. :-) Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
Here's my location report
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...90386d3aea6f11
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote