View Single Post
Old 11-Aug-2019, 3:18 AM   #46
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAFAN View Post
Do you mean testing or touching the 6 AWG bonding wire and separate antenna ground stake at the same time?

This ground stuff is not for the faint of heart it seems. But "Safety First" is paramount with electricity et al, for sure.

Thanks for your input once again!
Yes. For example I live in an area that has high voltage transmission lines within a quarter mile. If there was a line down there will be high voltage at the point of contact to the earth and the voltage will drop lower and lower the further you move away from the downed line. It's entirely possible for hazardous voltage to develop across the property near such a fault. The power line that feeds my street is at least a 7200 volt line. A fault at the front of my lot would create a dangerous voltage gradient across some part of my lot.

The further the new rod is from you electrical service the greater the possibility of encountering some voltage difference. Simply avoid putting your body between the two "grounds" if they are not bonded properly.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote