View Single Post
Old 2-Jun-2012, 1:51 PM   #8
AtLarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Why not just one antenna? Then, a passive 3-way or 4-way splitter (with a 4-way you'd have a 'test' port.) That gives you outputs to three CM3414's. (The CM341X type amplifier is powered by a wall transformer that uses an F type connector... so you can extend the power connection using RG-6 cable with standard connectors. If you need to power from the floor below, no problem.)

The CM3671 seems to be over kill in this situation. Are you absolutely stuck with an attic install?
Avoiding a roof mount would be to everyones advantage from an eyesight and maintenance standpoint. For our area, it doesn't seem to be necessary either to get the channels we need. I get 25 channels with my attic antenna and I just use an RCA ANT751 and it's barely 3' long. I'm about three blocks away from the same location.

I'm not opposed to one antenna, in fact that would be preferred, but how much one antenna can support? The CM-3671 seemed to be the biggest, possible fit for the situation but would one antenna for twelve units be enough? That's why I considered it and two of the CM-3418's, then using four trunks and start breaking it down from there.

Would the signal loss from that many taps be significant to not work? I'm just looking for an educated guess to help shorten the trial and error routine. That and not go to the extent and $$$$ of a commercial MATV system like in that link from the UK.
AtLarge is offline   Reply With Quote