View Single Post
Old 15-May-2020, 1:08 PM   #15
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Funny that this thread resurrected itself. To follow up on my original post, I received the new balun from Antennas Direct in Jan 2015, but never got around to installing it. The water intrusion in the old balun evidently dried up while the balun was being shipped and I had no more problems...until this spring. We had a lot of rain this spring and the problem resurfaced...I've had really crappy UHF signals for over a month now. I have the new balun assy still sitting on a shelf in my office, so now I just need to work up the energy to pull down the antenna and install it. I just hate dealing with ladders, roofs and heights in general...anything more than three feet off the ground makes me queasy...
I resurrected the thread simply because I hate to see a bunch of different threads about the same subject. So, you never got around to putting the other one up? I wondered what happened. But I know what you mean, if it ain't broke you don't have to fix it.

Antennas Direct has agreed to send me another balun, which is very cool. As soon as it comes in, I'll put it on my old antenna and see what happens and report back.

I've overcome my fear of heights lately when I bought a 22 foot step ladder and put it up on my roof. I know my neighbors think I'm nuts.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1589547597726_copy_540x960.jpg (210.8 KB, 2982 views)
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote