View Single Post
Old 31-May-2012, 4:15 PM   #11
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajraccounts View Post

if i understand what y'all are saying about the virtual channel numbers, it means that for example, 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3 could be being transmitted from different transmitters. if that's the case, then why aren't they included separately in the radar plots? oh, and i realized it's KQED digital 9.2 that i am having trouble with, rather than 9.3. but then, neither shows up in the radar plots.
While this scenario is theoretically possible, I am aware of no broadcaster that does this. The MHz Networks case is done that way because each 6 MHz ATSC broadcast channel has only enough bandwidth for 5 standard definition program feeds. What is becoming popular is single ownership/operation of multiple network affiliates. In my local area, the NBC and FOX affiliates operate out of the same studios by the same personnel. However, the two stations have different owners, but one station's owner contracted-out the operations to the other. Our ABC and CBS stations have the same owner. Each of these four stations operate on different RF channels.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote