View Single Post
Old 30-Mar-2013, 5:27 AM   #17
Ynot713

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Please don't presume that the preamplifier in the Monoprice antenna is helping you. The signal levels shown on your TVFR indicate you should be seeing many stations with an unamplified antenna. Your 'tests' continue to make me question the integrity of the ANT-751, and/or the matching transformer.

Good call.

It's not hard to over-tighten the connector on some of the matching transformers currently available. If the connector twists, the internal connections in the transformer can break. If that happens, you can be left with the equivalent of a short paper clip for an antenna. In the presence of strong signals, that may be enough 'antenna' to do a mediocre job.

On a separate note, in the photo of your splitters, do I see an attenuator between the coax and input to the 4-way splitter?

If you mean the red thing in the middle, yeah I guess that is a attenuator. I have since removed that and nothing has changed with my signal through the splitter.

As I said in my previous post, I will try a new transformer and not over tighten.

Should I still be getting stations over 50 mi away with no preamp?

GroundUrMast, I really appreciate your continued help and for not making me feel like an idiot through this process. I do try to do my homework with this stuff. Mostly for me its all self taught thought I am getting beyond my level of knowledge with this particular issue. So sincerely, thank you for your help and patience.
Ynot713 is offline   Reply With Quote