View Single Post
Old 30-Mar-2013, 4:54 AM   #15
GroundUrMast

Quote:
- When I say I don't see everything that I should I mean I don't have all the channels that I had when I used the cheap indoor antenna with the built in preamp in the attic and the injector located just before my splitter. I still get like 22 channels when going direct from the antenna to a TV in the basement. Though some of them are duplicates.
Please don't presume that the preamplifier in the Monoprice antenna is helping you. The signal levels shown on your TVFR indicate you should be seeing many stations with an unamplified antenna. Your 'tests' continue to make me question the integrity of the ANT-751, and/or the matching transformer.

Quote:
If not then install a NEW matching transformer.
And Yes I know you installed a new matching transformer , install a NEW one anyway.
Good call.

It's not hard to over-tighten the connector on some of the matching transformers currently available. If the connector twists, the internal connections in the transformer can break. If that happens, you can be left with the equivalent of a short paper clip for an antenna. In the presence of strong signals, that may be enough 'antenna' to do a mediocre job.

On a separate note, in the photo of your splitters, do I see an attenuator between the coax and input to the 4-way splitter?

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 30-Mar-2013 at 5:12 AM. Reason: More questions
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote