Thread: West of Memphis
View Single Post
Old 8-Jan-2017, 8:44 PM   #1
Horripillation

West of Memphis

Hello,

I live about 10 miles WNW of Memphis (http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...dfaf24593877d4 ). I currently have Directv with 3 televisions. I also have Directv Now. I want to get rid of the satellite service but still need to get the local networks on all three televisions.

I hope to get the following channels listed in order of importance:

NBC - WMC - 5.1 (VHF-Lo)
CBS - WREG - 3.1 (UHF)
Fox - WHBQ - 13.1 (VHF-High)
ABC - WATN - 24.1 (UHF)
PBS - WKNO - 10.1 (UHF)
CW - WLMT - 30.1 (UHF)

I can mount an antenna in a 2nd story unfinished bonus room above my garage. It faces ENE at about 85° and has a window. It would be about 18' above ground with no tall structures or trees in sight.
I understand that anything below the roof is less than optimal, but its a risk I'm willing to take. If all else fails, I'll just keep the satellite service.

3 televisions with 30' - 50' runs.

I will also consider any indoor models as long as they would work in all three rooms. I can remember as a child (early '80s) having a television with the built-in rabbit ears being able to pick up channel 5 from further away than I am now but have no idea where their tower was then.

Thanks.

WMCTV recommends the following two antennas:
Indoors: GE 24734 Millennium HDTV TV Antenna - I ordered this as a long-shot. It should be here Monday evening.
Outdoors: Channel Master CM-3016

*I also posted on another forum while awaiting access to this one.

Last edited by Horripillation; 8-Jan-2017 at 8:50 PM.
Horripillation is offline   Reply With Quote