View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2015, 3:43 AM   #4
ZippyTheChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by handaspencer View Post
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...b97d126f84a8a3

I am installing an antenna for my father in law during Christmas. I am using a clearstream 4v antenna. I will be installing 15ft above ground, but in a very hilly landscape. The immediate view is clear other than the rolling hills. Do you think I will have any luck?
ok i also have a clearstream 4v and crappy signals like you do.

The PBS channel that is 10 miles away is to the south
The other better stations are to the northeast

If I was you I would point the Antenna at 78 or maybe 82° or so to pick up those stations. Use a compass .. targeting stations can be intricate so expect to do a bunch of adjustments and rescans... give yourself a full afternoon.

You are going to need an amplifier and I would suggest the Channel Master 7777 because its 30DB .. well its sold as 30 but .. anyway its a good amp and probably the strongest you will find for the price.

ChannelMaster has a Recertified Open Box account on ebay but you pay shipping.. figure $50 for the preamp i guess.

and if you have a lot of tvs in the house you might need a distribution amp .. A PCT 8 port will cancel out loss due to cable length.. anything any stronger might be too much but don't go below a 4way PCT distribution amp.

You should be able to get everything down to wvbp MAYBE..

But you got to get that antenna up as high as you can and in the least obstructions.. but test it with the preamp on it in the house.. pointed at 80° or so and I bet you get at least half a dozen stations .. and those stations will have sub stations so you might end up with twice that.

Good Luck and remember point it away from that top PBS station .. odds are even pointed away you will pick it up.. even without the preamp
ZippyTheChicken is offline   Reply With Quote