View Single Post
Old 13-Nov-2014, 11:56 PM   #68
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
but the cutouts on 33-1, its subchannels, and 10-1 are driving me nuts.
Don't give up yet, I still have some more ideas for you to try.

You are not the only Roamio owner that has a love/hate relationship with his DVR:
Tivo Roamio Plus can be great, but check it out carefully before keeping it longer than 30 days
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...n-30-days.html

Thanks for the exact coordinates. I ran your FM fool report to see if there were any strong FM signals that might be causing interference. With FM fool there is no link like there is for tvfool reports. I deleted the numbers after the decimal point to protect you, even though the report only shows two digits after the decimal point. I also ran some tvfool reports at different heights, but I will not post them unless you give me permission to do it. They also have truncated coordinates, so the approx. coordinates are pretty far away from your exact location. This is your FM signal report:

When you make a reply to one of my posts, it is not necessary to quote the entire post. You can delete the parts of the quote that are not needed, or you can copy and paste what I said, highlight it and click on the quote icon at the top of the text box above the red A, which will add the quote box to your post.

Quote:
The only way you'd be able to positively correlate your intermittent decoding errors with some local RF transmission would be to sit there with a spectrum analyzer watching it and your diagnostic screen (or display) and see if you can spot some sort of broadcast that occurs at precisely the same time as a decoding error. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack unless you could narrow down any of the variables.
I agree with ADTech.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mulliganmanFM (2).jpg (194.2 KB, 2394 views)
File Type: jpg what I said QUOTE.JPG (18.6 KB, 2441 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 14-Nov-2014 at 6:33 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote