View Single Post
Old 18-Apr-2019, 6:32 PM   #22
rickbb

I had a big long reply typed out, but my log in timed out and I lost it all, man I hate that. lol

Anyway long story short;

Before you buy anything, get up on the roof, use as short a piece of cable as you can that runs to just one TV. Move the antenna around in different places on the roof. Don't forget to change the up and down direction as well. Sometimes just a few feet can make a big difference.

That dish j pole may not be the best place for your antenna. Based on your report those signals should be popping in clear as a bell.

Generally speaking, (there are exceptions), but you normally want your antenna as high up as you can and facing the towers with no or few obstructions between your antenna and the towers. Trees are the number one thing that blocks UHF signals for most people. You have seen this with the loss of stations when the leaves came out, it will get worse.

Only after you have gone through this trial and error exercise and located your antenna in the best place you have, then start thinking about a bigger antenna or distribution amp, better cable, better splitter setup, etc.
rickbb is offline   Reply With Quote