View Single Post
Old 9-Mar-2012, 1:28 PM   #16
renstyle

RF 5 using "7-up"?

can anybody relate any experiences they have had attempting to pick up a lo-VHF station with a "7-up" antenna?

I've got just one lo-VHF station in my area (RF 5) my zip is 50036. I'd read on denny's ant page that properly sited a 7-up antenna can "help" with lo-VHF signal, even though it was not designed for it.

up-7 - received 2-6 thru red color?

I've had luck getting *some* hi-VHF signal out of a UHF only yagi (it's the only ant I have right now). The DTV box found RF 5, 8, 11, 13, but only RF 11 & 13 are received consistently. It was more than I expected, and made me wonder what kind of signal I could get on RF 5 using just a hi-VHF ant....

For me RF 5 (WOI) is not really critical (especially now that they have nixed RTV on their subchannel). If we were talking PBS on RF5, the story would be MUCH different (kids need their sesame street).

The terrain around here is best described as "flat as a pancake, with blueberries here and there to make things interesting".
Attached Images
File Type: png 50036-DSM-metro.png (64.3 KB, 2394 views)

Last edited by renstyle; 9-Mar-2012 at 1:39 PM. Reason: forgot to add the analysis....
renstyle is offline   Reply With Quote