View Single Post
Old 3-Apr-2017, 11:59 PM   #1
maypo

New Antenna options

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4cc70d649d4

We have never had cable, always been OTA. It has been at least 10 or more years since a pretty good size Radio Shack VHF/UHF/FM antenna was last mounted on the roof/tripod/mast that has a rotator. It has been subjected to some fierce wind and weather having lost a few of the longer elements. Never used a preamp with it, have used an RCA 1 to 4 amplifier/splitter and recently replaced it with a much better PCT brand/model which has improved everything all the way around. Despite the ability to rotate, i can get Buffalo stations and some rochester stations when it is aimed to buffalo. Years ago i could get a number of Canadian stations, but i pretty much dont bother with them anymore. Most recently, 7.1(38) out of buffalo has been problematic with "no signal" for days at a time or unwatchable pixelation(much improved with the new amp, but still getting less frequent issues)- it appears to be the farthest station from me at 40 miles. I have my antenna height listed as 30 ft-my house is on hillside below the crest to my east and the Ranch style looks one story to that side of the house and two story on the west side of the house. We will be due for a new roof(metal likely) and plan to remount whatever we have at the time. I am looking for suggestions/recommendations on a new antenna.
maypo is offline   Reply With Quote