View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2010, 1:20 AM   #27
cardinalfanrc

Before a quick update, I just would like to sincerely thank all of you for your thoughtful and helpful replies. I'm sure you all have other things to do than help troubleshoot my attempts to banish Comcast from my house.

When I moved the antenna to the other side of the chimney a few days ago, I aimed it to maximize channel 7 (the previous problem channel) but I didn't pay too much attention to the other channels. Today I changed the direction of the antenna (by about 20 degrees) so that all channels now get between 88-100 signal strength. I was getting pixelation frequently on channels 2,5, and 9 immediately before re-directing the antenna. After re-directing I saw NO pixelation on any channel for approximately 15 minutes. Unfortunately I didn't have time to watch longer and I'll be working tonight so I won't be able to check again tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic that I may be getting closer to a fix.

I still need to check the position of the antenna elements (as suggested by mtownsend) to make sure that they are flipped the correct way. If I'm still having trouble I'll try moving up/down as suggested by No Static At All and buying an attenuator. Interestingly there is a fire station directly in the line of the antenna approximately 1 mile away. Thanks again and I'll report back after more viewing time.
cardinalfanrc is offline   Reply With Quote