View Single Post
Old 31-Jan-2015, 5:32 PM   #1
haimez40

Upgrade from Indoor in STL

I am outside of St. Louis and currently using a Winegard FL5500A amped indoor antenna to a HDHomerun through WMC. I actually have decent success about 95% of the time with this setup, and the antenna is actually on the correct side of the house facing the signals on the first floor. I own a 2 story house and was looking for suggestions on what antenna you would go for to get a solid consistent signal. I was thinking about trying the Winegard FL6500 outdoor antenna because it would be easy to mount to the house instead of climbing to the second story roof. My theory is that being a slightly better antenna then I have and being outside would make up the difference with my signal. Does anybody have experience with this antenna vs the indoor one? Would you just suggest a different brand/model of antenna in my situation? Right now my run would for sure be less than 50ft and to the HDHomerun, I might eventually split to 2 of them down the road. I will make the run from install point to the basement and have the HDHomerun right inside the basement wall.

Here is my signal report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15e33e5f1c7c

Here is ballpark estimates on my current setup signal consistency:
2.1 Fox 98%
4.1 CBS 96%
5.1 NBC 99%
9.1 PBS 70%(drops in and out frequently, not reliable day to day)
11.1 CW 85%
30.1 ABC 92%(second worst offender, some days better than others)
46.1 ION 90%(usually solid, some days hit or miss with quick drops)

Bonus Question: For whatever random reason when I try to record the show the Mentalist on CBS it messes everything up and loses signal error screen. I can turn off Media Center and turn back on and watch the show live but won't record for full show for whatever reason, almost all shows on solid signal stations including CBS don't have this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks for any and all help in advance.
haimez40 is offline   Reply With Quote