View Single Post
Old 27-Jun-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
cableisevil

selecting an antenna and installation questions in Boca Raton, FL

Im smack in the middle of Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach and am cutting the cable. I am a renter so an attic antenna is going to have to be the way to go Its a one story house with a smallish attic and a barrel tile roof. Here is a look at my reception report. Any help on selecting an antenna would be great. Under $100 dollars would be best.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...03d90d7a60181e

At this point my main installation question is this:

once I get the antenna up in the attic I was planning on using the existing coax line that was run by the cable company once upon a time. The issue is that I still get internet from the cable provider. There is no "video" running through the line I know for sure because I watched the cable guy climb up on the pole behind my house to make sure I was only getting "data" and not both. Can I plug my antenna into this same line? After all the cable company sends internet and TV through the same line right?

Right now I currently only use one coax "outlet" for my wireless router but every other outlet in the house would do the same currently if I wanted it to. Ideally I want to be able to plug my digital TV's into a coax outlet that currently exists and get TV channels from my antenna. How do I make this work?
cableisevil is offline   Reply With Quote