View Single Post
Old 15-Feb-2014, 8:19 PM   #3
caucapon

Teleview, I appreciate the detailed reply. Right from the beginning, I suspected that you would recommend a dual antenna approach. The pre-amp was something I hoped would not come into play.

I'm aware that my situation is complicated by my VHF requirement and by path obstruction. Is something like the AntennaCraft C290 too much of a compromise to provide consistent quality reception?

Of note, I have received recommendations from a number of retailers. Much to my surprise, many have suggested indoor models. To my untutored eye, Denny appeared to offer the most meaningful suggestion, the Wineguard HD 7010 outside antenna. He indicated that it could probably be used without a pre-amp even though the publicized UHF range was marginal.

Since I'd really prefer to do this once with satisfactory results, I am reluctant to go the HD 7010 route. On the other hand, I hadn't anticipated spending $250 to $300 for a proper solution. If that's what it takes, then I'll just have to go that route. Still, it would be nice to have something like the C290 provide the answer.

Again, thank you for your reply.
caucapon is offline   Reply With Quote