View Single Post
Old 3-Apr-2019, 3:06 AM   #11
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAFAN View Post
I would need to get in touch with rabbit73 by PM. I have offered similar to him before, but I don't know how to get in touch by PM currently. And I hope he hasn't left here for good and ADTech as well. I'd buy them both an early Christmas gift if they start posting again ASAP!

Thanks again for another link regarding my issue here, bobs. Since I'm not combining antennas and they're for receive only, it appears around 3 feet might work, but I'm going to have to trial and error before permanently installing my second antenna below current one. I was hoping for a simpler answer, but I think from my reading of the links you provided, there is a bit more "math" to it. However, maybe I'll catch a break.

On the other hand, thanks to jrgagne99 for stepping up to moderate forum. I will always be polite and respectful (you can check my post history), and appreciate your extra effort to keep us on point.

Perhaps if the antenna gods smile on us here, rabbit73 and ADTech will chime in on my issue. My question probably would an easy answer for them???
I'm sorry I didn't ask what type of antenna are you going to add to your combo antenna?

Why can't you go higher? From this angle it doesn't look like 20 ft. Unless it's the second level of a two-story house. Oh, and by the way that looks like that thinner gold irridite
corrugated pipe antenna mast. I like that SS 20 1 3/8" chain link fence "top rail". Comes in 21 foot lengths.

I'm sure that AD Tech and Rabbit will come back. To be honest, it's only been a few days. Now that the resident troller has been suppressed or barred, maybe these posts will be disrupted less.

Last edited by bobsgarage; 3-Apr-2019 at 3:13 AM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote