View Single Post
Old 14-Nov-2014, 4:15 PM   #76
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Just try different increasing values and see what happens. This is an experiment; we don't know how it will turn out. I can't afford the plane fare to come out there, so we are counting on you to do the experiments.

There should be no harm in adding more attenuation to the point of dropout. The screen will say no signal, which is what it would say if you removed the antenna coax.

You should have enough attenuators to equal the NM of your strongest signal ~ 65 dB. That would be two 10 dB, two 20 dB, and the three 3 dB that you already have.

I have to leave. I need to eat because my blood sugar is low, which makes me cranky as a two-year-old who needs a nap.
I ordered two 10db, two 20db, and single 6, 12, and 16 dB attenuators that should get here by the Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

So, I guess what I will do is continue adding attenuators until I lose all channels but Fox. As I add, I will record what I am getting in the DVR diagnostic menu along the way. I will post each recording here. I took a 6dB attenuator reading last night that I will post today and when I get home this evening I will post the 9dB readings (since I added my last on hand attenuator this morning).
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote