View Single Post
Old 10-Oct-2015, 4:10 AM   #6
MikeBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashNet View Post
Thank you, MikeBear. Nice to know about the UVSJ. And I'll consider them. Your inrto to the Candian forum is also going to be useful. I'll have to admit most of the string between you and Holl_ands is Greek to me, really esoteric but I'm dumb on the Physics side...well, too lazy to try to understand. Did Holl_ands provide this service to you for a fee or was he just helping out? I don't mind either if I go that route of course. But it does look like I gotta get some fundamentals straight including your very simple but complex :-P proposal of using a UHF/VHF combo. That was my challenge and it remains so. Perhaps I gotta acquire something and fiddle around and return if doesn't work. Cheers!
Holl_ands LOVES antenna modeling and modifications, and seems to do it every chance he gets. I believe it's basically an advanced hobby to him, and he's very good at it. I simply posted my original questions about my antenna situation at the time, he asked some questions back, and asked me to provide the antenna specs. He then did the rest, and there's no charge at all.

My situation is slightly more complicated than yours, as I for sure needed 2 separate antennas (Vhf and UHF) for my various main local channels. My stations are spread over slightly more than a 60 degree arc, and the station I cared about most at the time is VHF, and at the far South-West of that arc. All the rest are UHF. Ultimately, Rabbit's work and help here at TvFool did the most to basically help solve the majority of my issues.

Neither you nor I could afford to pay for the kind of time/advice/help/charts they (especially Rabbit!) provides for free! Trying to understand it all, and following their advice isn't always easy, but sure can save a lot of time and money.

They know what they are talking about. Digital tv is far more voodoo/fragile for many people compared to the old analog system, and the "bad" thing is that we now have to fight against 25 years of stagnation of OTA equipment availability, due to most people going with cable/satellite, etc for the last several decades.

Last edited by MikeBear; 10-Oct-2015 at 4:15 AM.
MikeBear is offline   Reply With Quote