View Single Post
Old 29-Oct-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
djotaku

Send a message via AIM to djotaku Send a message via Yahoo to djotaku
Antenna Suggestion for 180 Separated Channels

I live in the middle of Maryland so I have one cluster of channels to the NE in Baltimore and one cluster of channels to the SW in Washington DC.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aeae804991e9

(I don't care so much about Annapolis (SE) or Pittsburgh (N) - but BONUS if they can also be reached)

I can currently receive nearly all the channels from Baltimore from my indoor, flat antennas. (Although, the non-amped one doesn't get CBS and neither gets Univision) And some of the stronger DC channels.

Because the signal sometimes drops from the indoor antennas, I've been thinking of getting a roof-mounted antenna. If I got one of those, I'd like to be able to get both BAL and DC channels, but I know that digital antennas are highly directional. Are there antennas that can be pointed in both directions? (My house is a 2 story house - don't appear to be especially elevated. I-95 is about 50 yards or so behind my house - in case that causes interference or something)

Ideally, I'd like to get channel 30.1 (which Antennaweb lists as one of the furthest channels I can reach and would require a purple antenna - although I've seen on here that Antennaweb sometimes over-compensates on the antennas) as it has Asian-themed and Asian-language programming - which I have an interest in.

My house is relatively new - I think it's about 15 years old - so all the connections to the rooms are on a splitter outside. I'd be splitting to at least two rooms (maybe 3).

Last edited by djotaku; 29-Oct-2013 at 12:54 PM.
djotaku is offline   Reply With Quote