Thread: Antenna options
View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2015, 2:34 PM   #20
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Was it the DB8 or DB8e that you purchased? Both are very directional when it comes to weak UHF signals. 10-20° off in either direction can easily make or break reception of those weak signals.

At patio umbrella height and if you're in a suburban type environment, I'd assume there is significant surrounding clutter such as trees, other homes, and the like. Work on getting the antenna into a spot where it has the clearest available line of sight back towards Detroit, regardless of whether that is high or low. A clear but low mounting location is usually far better than a higher location that is, for example, behind the crown of a tree.

Do NOT drill any holes in your house until you have satisfactorily demonstrated reception. I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell customers to move their antenna to fix reception issues. The unrealistic expectation is that a convenient mounting location can be made to work satisfactorily by wishful thinking just because it's convenient and doesn't require any extra work.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote