View Single Post
Old 14-Sep-2018, 3:55 PM   #10
BrooklinOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Yeah, this is often the case, especially when dealing with one set of signals that have the potential to be particularly strong. They have a nasty habit of coming in on the "wrong" panel and end up cancelling out the desired signals (from the correct panel) in the combiner.

Unfortunately, the DB8e's beamwidth, when the panels are in parallel, is too narrow for the "split the difference" idea to be expected to work. The lobes and nulls aren't in the right places for the relative alignments of the stations from Buffalo and Toronto. With the antenna facing Buffalo, Toronto is in a very, very deep null in the reception pattern.

Two suggestions, either *might* work (or not).

1. Try spreading the adjustment of the individual panels outward about 15-20° from straight ahead, then aim the antenna so the difference is approximately split. Tweak as needed to see if that helps. Probably will severely impact reception of the Buffalo stations, though.

2. Use only one panel (as a DB4e configuration). Aim it at Buffalo, then start cheating towards Toronto and see if you can pick up both with a compromise aim.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
Two UHF panels, pointed in different directions, usually does not
work well. The signals that arrive at different times tend to cancel
each other out. You may still want to try. You may also want to
try aiming your current setup at 185, 190, 195 degrees, until you
get those pesky Canadian stations. Do they have anything worth
watching????
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
Around there... depends on the band. See this post:
http://forum.tvfool.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
You would likely end up with exactly the problem that Joe and I described unless you keep the signals separated and fed to different tuners/TV sets.

You can certainly try it, but the results are impossible to predict with any accuracy.
Very good. I will try to get up there and let you know how I do.

Thanks again for the help everyone.
BrooklinOTA is offline   Reply With Quote