View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2017, 11:43 AM   #45
jrgagne99

In my latest experiment, I combined a Stellar Labs 30-2476 VHF yagi with a DB8e 8-bay using a UVSJ combiner (Stellar labs 33-2230 UVSJ). Real channel 25 (WNNE) is strong enough that it is separately received by both antennas, even though I point them 90-degrees off from the Real-25 tower to pick up Burlington stations. I confirmed this by separately removing UHF and VHF feeds to the UVSJ, and I receive Real-25 in both cases. Strangely, when both feeds to the UVSJ are populated, the UVSJ does not allow Real-25 to pass through to the output.

Any thoughts on what might be going on here? Is this some form of destructive interference where some very low amplitude CH-25 signal passes through the VHF-pass filter and destructively interferes with the CH-25 coming through the UHF-pass section?

Is this an example of UVSJ's "not always doing what they're supposed to" and why I've seen several people on this forum recommend using separate coax runs and an A/B switch for UHF and VHF instead of using a UVSJ combiner?

Last edited by jrgagne99; 20-Jun-2017 at 11:47 AM.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote