Thread: FM/AM Reception
View Single Post
Old 20-Mar-2011, 5:57 PM   #1
rgallop

FM/AM Reception

Good afternoon,

I wanted to say thanks again to the TVFool side of the house for all the antenna help and suggestions.

Anyway, I have to admit that I've been Dxing AM and FM statioins for a long time. I currently have a GE Superadio 3 that pulls in channels quite well, but the volume button it very touchy. I don't know what causes the volume to do this, but it's irritating. I also have a Justice AM antenna that I don't have hooked up right now, but I may put it out outside in the future.

I ran the FM Fool report and noticed I am able to pick up one of the 2edge channels (100.3) even with my radio in the basement bathroom.

I was wondering if FM analog signal power has changed with the advent of HD radio? Also, has AM changed any? Does the Government plan to change to all HD Radio anytime soon?

Back in the 80's I had a Superadio 2 and was able to pull in many stations when I lived in Michigan. I don't know if there is much difference today.

Also, does anyone know if the CC Radio 2 is a good investment or not. I realize I can listen to most stations online today, but something about Dxing is fun.

Rob
rgallop is offline   Reply With Quote