Thread: hd stacker
View Single Post
Old 2-May-2011, 4:30 PM   #4
Billiam

I tried a HD Stacker here last Summer and compared it to a YA 1713 from Winegard on Ch. 7. At that time I had the antenna mounted ten feet off my roof and the coax was running into a Channel Master 7777 Titan Pre Amp. The YA 1713 was a little bit better than the Stacker since at that time it gave me a stable albeit weak picture on Ch. 7. Since that time the single YA 1713 developed the same signal dropout and in the Fall I added a second YA 1713 and coupled them properly and phased the cables per the instructions of a Winegard Tech. Unfortunately I now have seen another drop in signal strength and to add insult to injury it now appears as though a co channel in another city around 150 miles from here is also impacting my signal.

My options seem to be to try to use a horizontal coupling of the two existing YA 1713's and hope that solves the problem. Or to use a single antenna with more gain and perhaps more interference rejection capability but mount it a few feet higher than the present 15 feet. I can't get the existing unit any higher or even a horizontal gang either with the mounting surface that I have.

First, I will likely try a single all channel antenna with higher gain than the YA 1713's to see if that solves my problem on Ch. 7. If not, then I will have to try the horizontal gang and see if that works.

I'll be interested to see if you can get Ch. 7 from Watertown most of the time during the day or the better part of a 24 hour day, every day.

The HD Stacker is a good antenna by all accounts. I had not tried the UHF section but I am certain it works quite well. I've seen a lot of favorable reviews of this antenna and my own experience showed it worked nearly as well as the YA 1713 on Ch. 7. But now I may be able to overcome the slight deficiency in the gain of the Stacker by moving it higher and eliminating the need for a UHF separate as well. It will certainly look better than the current mess on my roof. :-)
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote