View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2018, 8:01 PM   #26
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv
Is the only difference between the Antennas Direct and the Radio Shack UVSJ the plastic housing or is there a performance difference also?
They both perform well, based on the samples I tested. I ordered two of the AD UVSJs and one had the label upside down, but it worked OK. (Monday morning production)

Quote:
I'd end up taking the Antennas Direct UVSJ out of the box because I'm thinking of putting the FM Trap, PA, UVSJ and anything else that might get added into my own box. That way I can tie everything together with joiners instead of having all sorts of cable lengths up there. It would be protected from our biblical rain amounts but more importantly from our blaring sun. I'm looking at possibly adding a little solar panel to drive a vent fan.

I'm waiting to hear from Denny, I shot him a note to see what his input would be. The more I think of the separate UHF/VHF antenna's the more I like the idea. 12.1 is still the weakest signal coming in and has been affected by height in the past so I would probably but the VHF on top. Seems 5.1 (24) is the weakest of the UHF. Is the Red line in the signal path picture the path for 12.1 or South Mountain?
The red line is an approximation based on where thre green line crosses the house across the street.
Quote:
Is there a separate path for 5.1?

I'm thinking I'd point VHF to 12.1 and UHF to 5.1. I don't know how those path images were generated.
I don't see a 5.1 (24), but I do see a 3.1 (24) and a 5.1 (17). Please use the callsign.

Last edited by rabbit73; 17-Sep-2018 at 8:23 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote