View Single Post
Old 4-Sep-2017, 1:34 AM   #7
shovel99

Question Making progress... Copper vs. clad... Connectors? Max runs?

Hi guys, thanks again for great site and for the help you knowledgeable folks provide.

I have most of my system working: CM4228 pointed at 159 degrees magnetic, gets all channels I want except ION at 340 degrees over a mountain and through neighbor houses and trees. I have all three TVs on first floor getting excellent reception through this path: CM4228 >>> Winegard LNA200 >>> Ideal power passing 2 way splitter from Lowes >>> 100 foot coax with twist on Gold plated connectors >>> powered PCT 4 way distribution amp >>> 15 foot, 35 foot, 50 foot coax.

My upstairs room still a problem. I believe I have traced to new 25 foot cable pulled to attach to splitter and run to the TV. I did not bend the cable, but possibly pulled one of the connectors loose or intermittent when I attached a pulling string close to the factory installed connector from HD. I plan to try another from HD tomorrow and will run a 50 footer direct from splitter to TV to confirm it works before putting another 25 footer carefully in the wall. I have yet to find a satisfactory way to attach the connectors. Going to continue this in a minute because the system is going to time me out.

Last edited by shovel99; 4-Sep-2017 at 1:47 AM.
shovel99 is offline   Reply With Quote