View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2015, 2:15 PM   #1
joes1971

Cut the cord in Webster NY!

Well I have been receiving OTA for many years at my residence along with satellite but have finally cut the cord!Never was a big fan of paying my satellite provider for local channels that have been free for 50 plus years.So I have been switching sources for around 20 years to get locals.Now it is all I have.

I have been using a very large directional Winegard UHF/VHF antenna (not sure of model) along with a mast mounted winegard pre amp mounted on 20 foot of ROHN with an additional 10 foot mast and digitally operated rotor.I have 75 foot of quadshield split to 5 TV's.The biggest challenge is the numerous large trees in just about every direction.Windy days are the worst for reception but overall I get what I should.

My location is interesting in that I am 6 miles from Rochesters locals and 65 miles east from Buffalo & 75 west from Syracuse locals.I get Canadian programming off the back of my antenna on occasion without rotating(Most likely due to nearness of shoreline to Lake Ontario).

My goal is to see if I can optimize reception from as many markets as possible including canadian programming without the need of a rotor.I know its unlikely to be all the time but I have been inspired by reading these forums and some of the configurations are very interesting.Any and all help on antennas and configurations are greatly appreciated.Here is my TV Fool report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f09b7abbf6c3

Thanks in advance,Joe.
joes1971 is offline   Reply With Quote