View Single Post
Old 7-Oct-2013, 9:02 PM   #36
skatingrocker17

I took the Sony X3HD on the roof and performed a direction comparsion with 1 FM6 vs. 2. It didn't seem to have much of an affect on 88.7 CIMX other than RDS was always displayed with 1 FM6 and sometimes with two. 101.1 WRIF was fuzzy with two antennas. So I pointed the lower FM6 at Fort Wayne. 101.1 WRIF was clearer with two antennas (one pointed at Fort Wayne) but still not as clear with just. 88.7 remained consistent, and also added 98.9 WBYR which I liked.

In the end, I ended up taking one FM6 down, it's just better with one. If I ever want to listen to 98.9 out of Fort Wayne I can just rotate my antenna or get in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No static at all View Post
Excellent, you sold that Stacker faster than expected!!

If you do decide to go with the 7698, keep the mast length 5 feet or less above the rotor. Mount the 7698 no more than 1-2 inches above the rotor to help keep the torque loading to a minimum. The recommended mast length is usually 3 feet or less with light duty consumer grade rotors as they cannot withstand twisting forces like a heavier duty rotor can.

Have you considered a tripod or chimney mount? Not sure if that eave mount will be able to handle the extra load?
I'm thinking the Antennas Direct 91XG or Winegard HD 7698P. The Antennas Direct has more reviews, not sure which one would be better for UHF. The Antennas Direct is also much shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Best of luck when you take that Stacker down to the post office or UPS store to ship it. Be prepared for "oversize" shipping rates.
Great...
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote